Today I'm talking about linking your blog to your user profile. During my travels around the blogosphere, I've noticed that a number of bloggers haven't actually linked their blogs in this way. What this means in practice is that, although I can see their name and some personal details when I click on their avatar (either in my Followers widget or on my Dashboard or when they leave me a comment), I can't follow them back to their blog.
To put this another way, it means that those who don't have their blog linked to their user profile are missing out on followers and possible comments for their blog. So you should check this to make sure.
Here's how to do it:
Checking your user profile - is your blog linked up?
(1) Open your blog
(2) Click on "View My Complete Profile" if you have an "About Me" sidebar gadget
(3) Click on "View Profile" in your Blogger Dashboard
(4) This takes you to your user profile
(5) Look down the bottom of your profile, under the heading "My Blogs"
(7) If "Yes," that's great, you're all good. If "No," keep on reading.
Linking your blog to your user profile
(1) In your user profile, click on "Edit Profile"
(2) Next to the heading "Show my blogs," click on "Select Blogs to Display"
(3) Check the box next to your blog name (that's "Rach Writes..." for me, the other blog is my old blog which is no longer operational)
(5) And that's it. So relax, have a cookie, and enjoy!!! (Though I'd probably pop back to your user profile and make sure the link has gone through, just in case)