I write stuff for kids...and muse on writing, children's books, and the publishing industry in general

Friday, March 4, 2011

Crusade Biz(ness) - Winners of the First Crusader Challenge + Crusader Notice-Board

Crusader Notice-Board

Check out these great blogfests, contests, and other announcements:
  1. If you haven't already visited, we have a Yahoo Group for Crusaders to chat, network, critique, and get to know each other. Simply go to the link and click on "Join the Group". If you aren't a Crusader and want to join a writing group, check out the Writers on Writing group in (2) below
  2. Lynnette Labelle's writing group "Writers on Writing" would welcome anyone (Crusader or not) who is interested in writing and getting to know other writers. Simply go to the link and click on "Join the Group"
  3. J.C. Martin is holding her Race to 200 Blog Contest from March 4 to March 6
  4. Rachele Alpine is giving away an ARC of Divergent, ending March 6
  5. Susannah Leonard Hill is holding a "guess the picture book" contest, from now until 5pm EST on March 6
  6. Elizabeth Twist is holding a Buffy Season 8 Give-away, ending March 6
  7. Kristina Fugate is holding her Catch Me If You Can blogfest on March 7 & 8
  8. Megan Bickel is holding her My Favorite Picture Book blogfest on March 10
  9. Sari Webb is holding her Share The Birthday Love Blogfest from March 11-13
  10. Hart Johnson (The Naked Tart) is holding her Delusional Doom Blogfest on March 15
  11. LB Diamond (and Tessa Conte) are holding their The Nature of Magic blogfest on March 26
I'm going to be running this as a regular Friday feature during my Crusade. So if you have a blogfest, a contest, or a something-or-other you want me to let people know about, drop me an email and I'll run it in the following Friday's post. Please include all the relevant details in your email, including links, name, and when it runs/ends, so I don't have to chase them down.  

First Crusader Challenge - The Winners (woot!!!)

Wow, that was such a fantastic First Crusader Challenge!!! We had a total of 126 entries (awesome!), which means 504 random words were used, somewhere under 37,800 words were written, and 126 lies were told *grins*.

I didn't manage to make it around to all your posts, though I wish I could have, but I loved reading the ones I did. And I had a posse of fabulous judges who did a splendid job judging all your entries. So a huge thanks goes to:


None of the judges were responsible for judging their own entries, and because of this they were able to take part in the Challenge. The judges also didn't know who the other judges were. I asked each judge to prepare a list of their five favorite entries, and then narrow it down to two finalists in the judging round. Here are the names they gave me (in no particular order), and congratulations to all these Crusaders for such stand-out posts:

Susan Fields
Donna Hole
Brian H
Amanda Milner
LA Colvin
Susannah Leonard Hill
The Blogger Formally Known As
Madeleine
Cherie Reich
Donea Lee
LauraJMoss
Margo Benson
Alberta's Sefuty Chronicles
Project Fraeya
Aimee L. Slater
Zan Marie
Shannon O'Donnell
Faith

As you can imagine, I had a terribly hard time picking one winner and one runner-up out of these fabulous entries! But...*pauses*...I've managed to do it! Well, almost. See, I ended up with two runners-up in the end. But that's all-right *grins*

Here are the final results...

Runner-up: Alberta Ross (interview on Rach Writes...)

Runner-up: Cherie Reich (interview on Rach Writes... OR Lynnette Labelle's critique, depending on the winner's choice)

Winner: Project Fraeya (choice of: interview on Rach Writes... OR Lynnette Labelle's 500 words/query critique PLUS the winner's badge in your color choice)


A huge congratulations to all three of you!!! Email me to claim your prize :)

But...I haven't finished yet. Just 'cause I love you guys, I had a chat with Mr. Random.org, and he picked one awesome Crusader from the list of Challenge entrants to win a first chapter critique from yours truly. So congratulations go to:

Michelle Merrill

Woot! Shoot me an email Michelle, and we'll talk deets :)

Second Crusader Challenge

I'm counting down the days to the Second Crusader Challenge! The post will go up on Friday, March 18, and you'll have a week to post your entry and add it to the link, just like this last time. Can't wait to see you all there.

61 comments:

Trisha said...

Congrats to the winners, I had a really fun time checking this out and doing my own blog entry :D

Susan Fields said...

Congrats to all the winners! I can't wait to see what our second challenge will be. :)

Sharde(Shar-day) said...

Congratulations everyone. Job well done.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Congrats to the winners!

Alison Pearce Stevens said...

Congratulations to the winners! I loved the entries I read, although I dropped the ball and never wrote my own. Also didn't know we could tell you about blog events, Rach--my blogfest was two days ago. Next time... :)

Have a great weekend!

L.A. Colvin said...

YEAH! Congratulation to all the winners and awesome other entrants. This was so much fun!!!!

Margo Benson said...

Congratulations to the winners! I had such fun taking part and reading everyone's fibs. Looking forward to the next one.

Misha Gerrick said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Misha Gerrick said...

Congrats to all the winners and honorable mentioned!

:-D

S.A. Larsenッ said...

Congrats to all the winners!!

Jess said...

*round of applause* Congratulations to the winners and thanks again to you, Rach!

The Blogger Formerly Known As said...

Congratulations to everyone. There were such a lot of really excellent entries.

Zan Marie said...

Congratualations, everyone! And thank you, Michael, for picking my challenge as a finalist in your group.

Now, Rachael, just what devilish challenge do you have planned for us? ; )

PT Dilloway said...

Yeesh, I have to wait until the 18th for the next Challenge that I won't wind up doing?

Stina said...

Congrats to the winners. Wow, I didn't know there was going to be challenges and prizes. Awesome job everyone. Can't wait to see what you do next. :D

Kerri Cuev said...

Congrats winners! Great job everyone. What fun!

PK HREZO said...

Awesome! Congrats to all the winners!

Kari Marie said...

Congratulations to the winners and the runners up. Great entries.

Anonymous said...

Congrats to the winners, and everyone who entered the first challenge! :)

Ann said...

Clapping loudly for all the winners. Well done! It was a great challenge. Looking forward to the second one. Thank you too for the list of blogfests.

Summer Ross said...

Congrats to the winners and runner ups!!!

Donea Lee said...

This was a fun challenge!! Thanks to Rach and the other judges. And big congrats to the winners!! :)

Michelle Merrill said...

Congrats to all the winners! Thank you Rachel...and Mr. Random.org. What a lucky win for me :) I'll send an email to you as soon as I can!

J.C. Martin said...

Congratulations to the winners! I had a great time reading everyone's entries!

VR Barkowski said...

Congrats to the winners and finalists, and thanks for such a unique (and FUN!) challenge.

Shannon O'Donnell said...

Congratulations to the top three! Project Fraeya's post was awesome! :-)

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

Congratulations to the winners. So where on earth did you come up with those huge words like the duck one etc.? Fuligine I think? Oh my. I think I sprained my brain.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to all the winners, beautiful writing!

Golden Eagle said...

Congratulations to the winners! :)

This was a great challenge--and it was a lot of fun to read everyone's answers.

Danette said...

Congratulations to all the winners! What a fun way to get to know everyone!!

Devin Bond said...

Congrats to the winners and the honorable mentions! Definitely going to have to check out those blogfests.

Looking forward to the next crusade challenge~! :D

Laura said...

Congratulations, everyone! Good work!

Cherie Reich said...

Congrats to Project Fraeya and Alberta and all the honorable mentions! It was so much fun creating my entry and reading the others. I can't wait until the next one. :)

Deniz Bevan said...

This was a great challenge! Congratulations to the winners.

Marieke said...

Yaaaaay!!! *is chuffed* Congrats to the winner! ^.^

Hart Johnson said...

Ha! I actually participated but hadn't gotten through all the blogs to follow yet and had too many words... I will try better next time!

Cleveland Dietz II said...

Congratulations to the winners! There were lots of good entries.

Vicki Tremper said...

Congrats, Everyone! Some of the challenge posts were so darned creative. I think I'm ready for the next one (*gulp*).

Denise Covey said...

Congratulations to all the finalists/winners and especially to Project;Freya for the ultimate win. Also to the random winner of the critique. Cool bananas!

As always Rach thanks for your hard work. That blogfest list is daunting. I'm trying to Write More.Blog Less!! Eeek!

Denise<3

Laura Howard said...

Congratulations to the winners! And thans for posting all these events today, Rachel!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to all the winners. The 1st challenge was a lot of fun. :)

Megan K. Bickel said...

I just wanted to thank you for posting my blogfest on here! I just had my 20th person sign up!! It is going to rock! : )

Alyssa Fox said...

Congrats to all the winners

dolorah said...

Congrats to the winners :) I'm looking forward to the next challenge.

Awesome that you've posted all these events and the yahoo chat.

.......dhole

Stefanie J Pristavu said...

Hi Rach!
You're doing an awesome thing for a lot of awesome people. Just wanted to thank you for linking to all the amazing blogfests! Will surely link to those.

Steph

Lisa Potts said...

I told you I didn't envy you the final judging. What a great set of entries! Congrats to the winners. Can't wait until the next challenge.

Adina West said...

Thanks to all the judges and congrats to winners...didn't get to read every entry but this was definitely fun!

Sully's Scribbles said...

Congrats to all the winners! You guys rock!

Unknown said...

Woo hoo! Congratulations winners! Looking forward to the next one :-)

(And wow, Rach, how your follower count just seems to keep going up and up ;-))

Anonymous said...

Congrats to the winners and thanks to those who enjoyed my post. It was fun to do and I look forward to the next one. :O)

Tony Benson said...

Congrats to all the winners and well done to all the finalists.

Thank you Rachael for a great crusade. I'm looking forward to the next challenge.

Mary Mary said...

Congrats to the winners! It was a great first challenge!

Anonymous said...

Woot-woot, congrats to the winners!!!!!

Lisa Nowak said...

Congrats to all the winners, and to everyone who participated. I was too lazy to, myself. :)

Anonymous said...

Hehe, I'll have to go check out the winners! I enjoyed reading everybody's posts, I can't wait for the second challenge. 126 lies. Now there's something to be proud of. :D

Anonymous said...

P.S. I've got two awards for you on my blog!
http://capriciousexistence.blogspot.com/2011/03/im-stylish-and-lovely-in-case-you-didnt.html
Take one, take both - whatever, they're all yours. :D You deserve them.

Tessa Quin said...

Congrats all! Uwah! I'm so happy to see Cherie on that list ^.^ Way to go new Crusader! Amazing author there ^.^

obi said...

oh always good to read your blog.

Will Burke said...

Counting the days 'till the 18th! Really glad you're giving the week-long window, cause sometimes, life is just crazy!

J.L. Campbell said...

Congrats to those who won.

Regina said...

Great job to all the participants and congratulations to all the winners. Wow, how wonderful. I can't wait for the next challenge. I will be in transit that morning at 4 a.m. to Florida so will work on it when we arrive on Saturday and get settled in.

So excited. Yea!

Related Posts with Thumbnails