I write stuff for kids...and muse on writing, children's books, and the publishing industry in general

Monday, February 7, 2011

A wave to my new followers, a teensy bit of Crusade business, and...oh yes...the winners of our Trilogy Contest!!!

Today’s the day to announce the winners of our Trilogy Contest, woot!!! But before I do, I just wanted to say a big hello and welcome to all my new followers *waves*. I can’t wait to meet you, and I’ll be popping round to your blogs to say hi as soon as I can.

On a similar note, I think I may have missed following some of you at the end of last year and during all my internet dramas! – if so, my apologies. Just leave a comment and I’ll come round and stalk you say hi to you :)

Crusade Biz(ness)

A little Crusade business. I can't believe how many people have come on board my Second Crusade!!! We've topped 80 Crusaders already (and are getting close to 90), which is absolutely fantastic! And it's great to see so many of you popping round to introduce yourselves and follow the other Crusaders.

I'm busy collecting everyone's information, allocating Groups, and doing up the List of Crusaders, which I'm hoping to finish and post over the next few days though it's a pretty big task *grins*. In that respect, PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO FILL OUT THIS FORM, cause I need your details in order to add you to the List of Crusaders. Until I get the List of Crusaders posted, you may wish to start visiting/introducing yourself/following those who've put their names down in my Crusade post.

I'll be posting our First Crusader Challenge on Friday, February 18th, so keep an eye out for that, should be heaps of fun (and I'm not going to confirm or deny the rumor that there may be a particularly nasty I mean, awesome mystery word for this one!!! *chortles*).

Trilogy Contest

Ok, back to the Trilogy Contest. A huge thanks to all who entered. We had a great time and met some really awesome peeps!!! As a reminder, up for grabs were a total of 12 critiques, 4 each by Marieke, Tessa, and me:*
  1. query or synopsis (max. 2 pages) critique (winner's choice)
  2. first 300 words critique
  3. first 3 pages critique AND
  4. first 30 pages critique
I know you can’t wait to find out the winners!

So...*drumroll*... the winners of the critiques by me (as determined by random.org out of a total 505 entries) are:
  • query or synopsis (max. 2 pages) critique (winner's choice) - Charity Bradford
  • first 300 words critique - Tessa Conte
  • first 3 pages critique - Nicole Zoltack AND
  • first 30 pages critique - PK Hrezo
Woot!!!

Congratulations to all the winners. Email me at rachael[dot]harrie[at]gmail[dot]com to claim your prizes. I can’t wait to dive into critiquing!!!

But wait, I see you thinking, there are only 4 winners in this post, where are the others???

Good question, I say. You’ll have to pop over to Marieke’s Musings and The Quest for a Literary Agent to find out the other winners :)

Good luck!


*Unfortunately we didn’t quite get to 50 entries, but we’ll definitely have some books up for grabs in our next contest as well.

31 comments:

Will Burke said...

I'm glad I joined, I've found some great Blogs and gained a couple followers already! More to keep up with, but more fun and more luv.

Unknown said...

Congrats to the winners :-)

Michael Di Gesu said...

Congrats to the winners.

I am so looking forward to meeting this year's Crusaders!

Michael

PK HREZO said...

Fantastic!! I will get out my 30 pgs ASAP. :)
Thanks, Rach!

And I can feel the energy from all the crusaders... everyone's really excited! So awesome! Thanks for your hard work getting this thing together.

DL Hammons said...

Congrats to the winners!!! *High Five* I'm excited about the upcoming Crusade! :)

J.L. Campbell said...

Did my post today and I'm looking forward to getting my feet wet.

Congrats to the Trilogy Contest winners.

Megan K. Bickel said...

Congratulations winners!

I'm loving the crusaders stopping by my blog already. I need to start getting around to everyone else's blogs! Here we go! : )

Jess said...

Congrats to the Trilogy winners, and I can't wait to start Crusader Challenges (*cue Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade music*)

Autumn Shelley said...

Hi Rachael! I found you through my friend Rachel Firasek and then I found you're platform-building crusade. Did someone say crusade?!
I'm looking forward to putting my little electronic feelers out into the matrix and building my little world. Thanks for taking the time to bring a lot of people together!

Janet Johnson said...

Congrats to the winners! And best to all those crusaders!

Elena Solodow said...

Okay, I'm all signed up as a Crusader.

Margo Benson said...

Many cogratulations to the winners!

Soooo looking forward to everything Crusader related and have met some new bods already!

(Lucky purple pen in hand at the ready.....)

Nas said...

Congrats to all winners!

Tony Benson said...

Congrats to the winners! I'm all signed up for the Crusade, and I'm looking forward to getting to know you and the other crusaders. I'm starting to meet new people already.

Golden Eagle said...

Congratulations to the winners!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to all the winners ^_^

Devin Bond said...

Congrats to the winners!

Denise Covey said...

Congrats to all the winners. May their critiques come up gold!

Can't believe how many crusaders are jumping on board.

Denise:)

Colene Murphy said...

Congrats to the lucky winners!

Adina West said...

Oh wow, this Crusade is shaping up to be HUGE! Good luck filtering and grouping us all...

:-)

Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

Congrats to the lucky winners!

Great to see so many crusaders.

Nicole Zoltack said...

Yay! Congrats to the other winners!

Angela Scott said...

So sorry. My profile had my wrong/old blog on display. Totally made me look like a loser :(

My real blog (I really do have one) is at www.whimsywritingandreading.weebly.com

Thanks. Sorry 'bout that.(I just figured out what in the world was going on--I'm technologically defunct).

Theresa Milstein said...

Congratulations to the winners. Yay, Nicole!

Jennie Bailey said...

Congrats to the winners!!

Len Lambert said...

Congratulations to the winners! :)

Charity Bradford said...

Wow! How did I miss it? I actually forgot I signed up, thanks!

Anonymous said...

Love the idea about the Crusade! What a great idea to meet other like-minded writers and bloggers. Plus it sounds like a blast. :-)

Ann said...

I thought I had left a comment here, but alas I must not have. So congratulations to the winners. Can't wait for the Crusade to begin.

Susan Kane said...

the Crusade was a lot of fun. I enjoyed pulling together all the unrelated material, telling a lie, and a secret. Good job. Susan

aisyahputrisetiawan said...


Banned complain !! Complaining only causes life and mind become more severe. Enjoy the rhythm of the problems faced. No matter ga life, not a problem not learn, so enjoy it :)

Obat Untuk Meningkatkan Gaira Pria
Kemangi Dan Manfaatnya Bagi Kulit
Obat Sakit Persendian Lutut
Obat Untuk Menghilangkan Kesemutan Pada Jari Tangan
Cara Menghilangkan Penyakit Kuning Pada Anak Secara Alami
Awas Infeksi Lambung Bisa Jadi Penyebab Kanker Lambung
Cara Alami Untuk Mengatasi Susah Tidur Di Malam Hari
Cara Menghilangkan Flek Hitam Di Wajah Yang Membandel
Tips Pengobatan Kram Dan Nyeri

Related Posts with Thumbnails