There are so many of us out there. Aspiring authors, bloggers (whether established or beginning), industry peeps, even published authors, all of whom want to build their online platforms. We write insightful posts and articles, actively blog within the blogosphere, take part in challenges, competitions, and contests galore.
We have the passion and the drive to make it, but…we could all do with a bit of support.
So I started thinking. What if we link all these people together? What if we create a way to meet people in a similar position, people who genuinely want to help build our online platform while at the same time building theirs? People who want to pay it forward in the spirit of writerly writerness and blogging beautificity (and see it come back to them in turn).
And so my Writers’ Platform-Building Crusade was born.
What is the Crusade?
Basically, the Crusade is a way to link those within the writing community together with the aim of helping to build our online platforms. The Crusaders are all bloggers in a similar position, who genuinely want to pay it forward, make connections and friends within the writing community, and help build each others' online platforms while at the same time building theirs.
Last year (my First Crusade) we had 55 Crusaders, many of whom have become great blogging friends. We saw our followers skyrocket and the comments on our posts increase, and had fun taking part in Crusade Challenges as well (kartofflepuffer anyone???).
I’ll list your names and blogs on my List of Crusaders page so you can keep in touch with the other Crusaders. And you’ll have a list of bloggers in the same position as you, who genuinely want to help you succeed. You can visit their blogs, follow along, leave comments galore, and share your highs and lows as you journey through the blogosphere and build your online platform. And they'll be doing the same for you.
Length of the Crusade
This Crusade will run from February 1st to April 30th, though I’ll be calling additional Crusades in the future. You’re very welcome to keep on Crusading after my official organization ends on April 30th.
How to join?
If you’d like to join, here’s what you’ll need to do:
- follow me if you haven't already, so you can keep in touch with all the Crusade Biz(ness) (posted on Fridays) and take part in Crusade Challenges etc
- comment on this post, to let the other Crusaders know you’ll be coming on board
- blog about the Crusade to help spread the word (include a link to this post and encourage your followers to join)
- if you’re on Twitter, tweet about the Crusade and include a link to this post. I'm @RachaelHarrie if you want to follow me in the Twitterverse
- pop a link to this post on Facebook (if you’re a Facebook fan)
- AND fill out this form.
Once you’ve joined the Crusade:
- keep an eye on my List of Crusaders page (so you can meet any new Crusaders)
- follow all the other Crusaders
- pop round and introduce yourself to all the Crusaders in your Crusade Group. If you wish, pop round to some or all of the other Crusaders and introduce yourself as well
- put a Crusade button on your sidebar and link it back to my Writers' Platform-Building Crusade page at the top of Rach Writes... (I use the above picture for all my Crusade stuff if you want to use that one too)
- keep an eye out for posts by other Crusaders (and particularly those in your Crusade Group) and do your best to comment on as many as you can, as often as you can. This is one of the key ways Crusaders will help each other out and pay it forward
- also consider following your fellow Crusaders on Twitter and liking them on Facebook, mentioning their blog posts and re-tweeting their tweets, and otherwise supporting them
- join in my Crusader Challenges if you wish (I'm hoping to run one every second or third Friday). It's a great way to get to know the other Crusaders and have fun at the same time.