I write stuff for kids...and muse on writing, children's books, and the publishing industry in general

Friday, February 25, 2011

First Crusader Challenge Wrap-up

Wow, what an awesome First Crusader Challenge this has been!!! We've had a huge number of entrants, and some fantastic posts for us all to check out. Must say, I couldn't tell the lie in some of them. If you haven't revealed your lie yet, make sure you do it soon, so we can all work out whether we were right or not :)

Judging of your entries will get under way soon, and I'll be announcing the winners in next Friday's post. I could still use a few more judges if anyone is interested - judges will be eligible to win the prizes (I've worked out a little trickery to make sure of that *grins*). We'll be letting people know if they're on the shortlist as the week goes by.

A couple of things to bring to your attention:

The Crusader Group List has been finalized, so have a squiz at your final groups if you haven't already. And now that admin is over, check out my earlier post, which includes my thoughts on where to from here for Crusaders.

I've started making Crusader announcements at the top of my blog, so make sure you pop back to check here and there for any new ones. If you're holding a blogfest, let me know and I'll pop it on Rach Writes... so everyone knows about it.

We've set up a Yahoo Group for Crusaders to meet and chat, just click on the link and join the group. And there's some great Crusader chatting on Twitter, at #amcrusading.

Otherwise, keep on having fun and getting to know your fellow Crusaders!!!

29 comments:

Ann said...

Thanks Rachael. It was a great start to the Crusade.

Erin said...

Thank you for all of your hard work, Rachael!

Zan Marie said...

Great! I'll reveal my lie. I've already added a page at the top of my blog with my three (you read that right) groups with links to all of them. That way, I'll be able to hop around easily. BTW the page isn't my idea. I saw it on someone's blog. Darned if I can remember who now. ; )

Summer Ross said...

Woot- the first challenge was a blast- Thank you so much for all your hard work.

Adina West said...

Can I just say, holy heck, I only just finished following every single Crusade blog except the very few who didn't have an RSS feed OR follow option. And I've even organised Google Reader, finally. Big job.

But I'm now feeling VERY virtuous.

Time for a little break now I think!

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

This was a fabulous idea. I've met so many nice people that I'm satisfied just networking with the ones that I've found on a regular basis.

Mary@GigglesandGuns said...

I'm not participating but I am reading the challenges. Must say I had a hard time finding the lies of the bloggers I know well.

Lindsay N. Currie said...

Wow, I can't believe how organized you are:) I'll be sure to participate next year!

Anonymous said...

This was my first crusade challenge. What a blast! Thanks for all your hard work.

Kim Mullican said...

We can never say "thank you enough" - or "thanks a lot, what the hell have I gotten myself into!" :p

I've read more blogs in the last 14 days than ever before. I do thank you so much for introducing me to such wonderful writers! *throws confetti*

Michelle Merrill said...

You Rock, Rach :) Oh, and I might be a little behind, but what is the shortlist?

Unknown said...

It has been fun reading all the challenge entries - and really difficult to pick out the lie in some cases! Thanks again a gazillion times for organising it all. And congrats on reaching FIVE HUNDRED followers!
(I didn't already congratulate you on that, did I? I'm sure I would have remembered... but then again....memory problems!)

Trisha said...

It was indeed a great start, though I admit I couldn't bring myself to read all of them. Talk about buuuurnout! hehe

T.D. McFrost said...

Looks like I missed this one - hope to be apart of the next. :D

Susan Fields said...

That was a great first challenge - so much fun. Thanks Rachael!

obi said...

started strong i did not make it to the end... ;)

J.C. Martin said...

Yes, I was a failypants and did not make the first Challenge! :( Ah well...but I do have a blogfest coming up: my race to 200 Blog Contest with rizes galore! Link here:

http://jc-martin.com/fighterwriter/2011/02/08/announcing-the-race-to-200-blogfes/

Vicki Tremper said...

Thanks for all the work you've put in for us, Rach. I gave you an award, you can pick it up here: http://vbtremper.wordpress.com/2011/02/24/award-thursday/

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I posted the lie I told at the bottom of the original post "Bowling Crusade"


Nikki

Nas said...

Thanks for all your awesome work you did on our behalf!

Lisa Nowak said...

Thanks for all you do, Rachael!

Cleveland Dietz II said...

Thank you so much for all the hard work, Rachael & judges! The level of participation in this first challenge was awesome!

Len Lambert said...

I have now finished following everyone and also created a page on my blog for my 4 groups. Woot!!!! I'm so pleased to meet new friends and looking forward to getting to know my fellow group members! Hugs to all! :)

Anonymous said...

This first challenge was a lot of fun, and I can't wait to see what you'll have us doing for the next challenge. :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is super cool!!

Just wanted to say I'm co-hosting a blogfest with Tessa Conte on the Nature of Magic, in case anyone is interested. Thanks! :)

Holly Vance said...

I am catching on this Crusade thing. I am diving in on the third round!

Anonymous said...

Yes i've read some impressive entries too. Great fun! :O)

Crystal Collier said...

Looking forward to the next one!

Shannon O'Donnell said...

Thanks for all of your hard work, Rachael--you are awesome!! :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails