We'd love you to join us - simply check out my original post, follow the instructions, and leave a comment in that post with a link to your own post. There's a list of Crusaders on my blog sidebar (check them out if you want), and I'll add you to the list when you join.
And now, it's time for our First Crusader Challenge!!!
And the challenge is...
Write a Crusader Challenge post beginning with the phrase, "I sat down to write the other day and..."
The rest is up to you. You can use the piece to introduce yourself, tell us what inspires you to write, tell a funny story, or anything really. So be creative and let’s see what you come up with.
And...a Crusader Challenge just isn’t the same without a grand prize. So, given I’m about to start featuring aspiring writers in some of my Insider Scoop interviews on Rach Writes..., how about I give the winner the chance to be my first victim...ah, I mean, interviewee. Cool prize for an online platform-builder, no?
Ah, “How do we find out who wins?” you ask.
Well...let’s work it on a points system:
- I’ve written a Crusader Challenge post beginning with the words, "I sat down to write the other day and..." and I’ve commented in this post with a link to my own post (+100 points)
- I’ve included the completely random words “quidditch,” “Mars,” and “elephant” in my Crusader Challenge post (+40 points) – there has to be a bit of a challenge for you! :)
- In my Crusader Challenge post, I’ve included a link back to this post and told everyone about the Crusade and the Crusader Challenge (+20 points)
- I’m following all my fellow Crusaders (as listed on the Rach Writes... sidebar) on their blogs (+20 points)
- I’ve included all my fellow Crusaders in a blog roll / list on my blog (+20 points)
Entries will close next Friday October 8, so make sure you comment in this post before then and leave us the link to your Crusader Challenge post plus how many points you earned.
Have fun!!! Check out the other Crusaders’ posts and comment along. Can't wait to see what you come up with :)