How about you: How do you feel when you start a new novel - excited, nervous, scared, exhilarated, all of the above or something else altogether???
What's coming up in May on Rach Writes...
- Michael Offutt (May 7 - as part of his SLIPSTREAM book tour),
- Rachel Morgan from Rachel Morgan Writes (May 14),
- Angela Ackerman and Becca Puglisi from The Bookshelf Muse (May 21), and
- Adina West from Stairways and Landings (May 28).
So make sure you pop back each Monday during May for the next step in the self-publishing/digital publishing journey :) And each of the four weeks, I'll be popping in some interesting agent tips on self or digital publishing as well!
It's been a little while since I've done a Beta Match, so I'm going to hold one on Monday, June 4, 2012. Anyone who is looking for a critique partner or beta reader, make sure you pop back then :)
#writemotivation, where I've set goals for myself during the month of May, and I can work to achieve those goals while cheering on other #writemotivation peeps on Twitter (and being cheered on myself too, I hope).
As part of #writemotivation we need to be accountable for our goals, so here goes. My May goals are:
- Finish plotting DARK (and incorporate any comments by CPs into plotting notes)
- More detailed characterization of secondary characters
- Organize Scrivener so I'm all ready to begin writing
- Write. Write. Write
- Finish first draft by May 31, 2012
How about you: What are your writing goals for May???
Winners of my A to Z Challenge Writing Prompts Contest!
Special props go to Nemoswriting, who entered 17 times, many of them inspirational! And also to C. Lee McKenzie, who (until her computer crashed) managed to complete 12 entries by using only words starting with the letter of the day - she had me in stitches with all of them!
So...*drumroll*...the winners for the best entries as determined by yours truly are:
- guest post on Rach Writes... - C. Lee McKenzie
- interview on Rach Writes... - Jericha Senyak
- book (from The Book Depository) or Amazon gift card (emailed) to the value of $15 - Nemoswriting
- a query critique by me - Tracy Bermeo
- Dawn M. Hamsher
- Super Happy Jen
Well, I think that's it for me for the moment. Can't wait to hear all about how your April was and what you're working on at the moment. I'll see you back next Monday for Michael's guest post!