I write stuff for kids...and muse on writing, children's books, and the publishing industry in general

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Writers' Charity Auction to Benefit Hurricane Sandy Victims

The Washington Post: A water vapor satellite image
 of Superstorm Sandy on Tuesday, Oct. 30.
 (Stu Ostro/Facebook)
I've been glued to the television over the last few daysas I'm sure many of you havewatching the news as it reported on Hurricane Sandy. My heart goes out to all of you who were touched by the massive storm or who know people who were touched. I'll be keeping all the victims, survivors, and those affected in my thoughts as they work to recover and rebuild.

I love how the writing community always pulls together in times of crisis. Only hours after a massive disaster, people have banded together to raise money for the victims. Today is no different. Writer Jen Malone has organized a charity auction to benefit the Red Cross and victims of Hurricane Sandy. Lots of agents and authors have donated some really cool prizes, so make sure you pop on over and bid and help raise some much-needed money.

I'll see you there :)

How about you - were you affected by Hurricane Sandy?

12 comments:

Teresa Cypher said...

The writing community is so amazing. I'll check it out, Rach. Thanks for this post :-)

Suzanne Furness said...

What a great idea. The writing community is fabulous. My thoughts are with anyone effected by the hurricane.

Michael Offutt, Tebow Cult Initiate said...

You are always such a giver Rach.

Heather said...

I wasn't directly effected but many of my friends were and my heart breaks for them. This is a great cause!

Claire Hennessy said...

Writers are the best, aren't they! Will definitely check out Jen's blog. Btw, I have featured you in a blogfest I am in. Thanks Rachael - love your blog :)

Trisha said...

I just watched in dismay what little snippets I saw on TV. Awful stuff :(

Charmaine Clancy said...

I love how strong the bond of the writing community is. Safe from that storm in Australia (although we did have a wild one a couple of weeks ago that destroyed local markets--very sad).

I'm also touched that so many people named Anonymous took the time to visit your blog today and share relevant and helpful information to help take our minds of the important things in life ;)

J M Filipowicz said...

Hi Rach. Just wanted to see how the Campaign creator was doing. I added a link here from my blog. (Though don't expect a stampede of new followers from it.) I'm noticing a lot of spam in your comments, might want to look into that. Also, hurricanes suck.

Hajj umrah said...

I love your site! You will be in our prayers and thoughts! Nice and informative post
on this topic thanks for sharing with us.Thank you
epoxy coatings
glue removal
floor levelling
Polished concrete sydney
concrete repairs
concrete coatings

Maalai said...

Thanks for the information... I really love your blog posts... specially those on Local Tamil News

Big Name Brand said...

Womens watches, Mens watches, Designer Watches, Brand Name Watches, Cheap Watches

Kenneth Cole Watches
DKNY Watches
Ted Baker Watches
Guess Watches
Michael Kors Watches
Ben Sherman Watches
Henleys Watches
Womens watches
Mens watches
Designer Watches
Brand Name Watches
Cheap Watches

Saif austin said...

I love your site! You will be in our prayers and thoughts! Nice and informative post
on this topic thanks for sharing with us.Thank you

POLISHED CONCRETE
CONCRETE RESURFACING
FLOOR LEVELLING
CONCRETE REPAIRS
EPOXY COATINGS
CONCRETE POLISHING

Related Posts with Thumbnails