As with previous Challenges, Winners have been chosen in three categories:
- People's Choice Awards - chosen by you in the voting (by clicking "Like" on the entries);
- Places awarded by the judges, who've done an absolutely fantastic job of winnowing 110 entries down to the top 14 under the wonderful wizardry of Mark Koopmans; and
- Random prizes (chosen by Mr. Random.org).
To thank them for all of their help, I'd love them to accept this Campaign Appreciation Badge if they haven't already downloaded it from my last post :)
And now to the winners...*drumroll*
People's Choice Awards
1. First Place - Kevin Hiatt (43 points)
2. Second Place - Morgan Shamy (37 points)
3. Third Place - Liza (31 points)
4. Fourth Place - Alynza (30 points)
5. Fifth Place - Nancy S. Thompson (21 points)
6. Sixth Place - Elise Fallon (18 points)
7. Seventh Place - Carrie Butler (16 points) (tied)
7. Seventh Place - Melissa Maygrove (16 points) (tied)
Congratulations guys!!! And as for what you've won, here it is:
In First Place, Kevin Hiatt has won:
- A full critique of a complete manuscript, donated by K.Z. Ozbirn.
- A $50 Amazon gift card plus Scrivener software (download/disc), donated by Melissa Sugar.
- A signed copy of EDEN’S GARDEN (hot off the press on March 15th, 2012), donated by Juliet.
- A critique of the winner's query and first 50 pages, donated by Nancy S. Thompson.
- A book cover design or blog banner, donated by Shelley Koon.
- An ARC of THE BEGINNING OF AFTER by Jennifer Castle (Contemporary YA) [Print -US/Canada only], donated by Jenn Baker-Henry.
- An autographed photo of Cate Blanchett from her movie, ELIZABETH, THE GOLDEN YEARS, donated by Roland D. Yeomans.
- A 30 page critique and a copy of THE VEIL by K. S. Collier (critique - international, book - US/Canada/UK/France only), donated by K.S.Collier.
- A $15 (£10) giftcard from Amazon, donated by Claire Hennessy.
- A signed copy of THE WRITER'S WORKOUT by Christina Katz US/Canada only, donated by Vicki Orians.
- A critique of the first five chapters of a manuscript, donated by Misha.
- A fancy writing pen, donated by Lesann.
- A signed copy of each of the current books in the MEANT TO BE series (MEANT TO BE and THE COUPLES) by Richard Alan (and a free download via Smashwords coupon of both books), donated by Richard Alan (US/Canada only for the books).
- a blog critique, donated by Shelley Brown. Shelley says the critique will “help you get the most out of your blog and your time.”
- first chapter critique, donated by Charity. Charity says “the three women of Unicorn Bell will give a first chapter critique. That's three pairs of eyes on your first chapter!”
- A paperback of HOMECOMING, first novel by Sue Ann Bowling, winner of Reader Views Reviewer's Choice Award. [US/Canada only], donated by Sue Ann Bowling.
- A copy of WATER FOR ELEPHANTS by Sara Gruen, donated by Hedda Black.
The prizes below have been awarded based on the standard of your entries, as judged by our awesome judges! Once the judges determined the top 14 Finalists, I decided which place each Finalist would be awarded. And boy was it hard, the entries were all SOOOO good!
Here are the Finalists and their prizes:
First Place - C.B. Wentworth
Second Place - Jocelyn Rish
Third Place - Kevin Hiatt
Fourth Place - Liza
Fifth Place - Amy Marie
Sixth Place - Alynza
Seventh Place - Fairview
Eighth Place - Claire
Ninth Place - Mina Burrows
Tenth Place - Elise Fallson
Eleventh Place - Randy Lindsay
Twelfth Place - Laurie Dennison
Thirteenth Place - Elizabeth Towns
Fourteenth Place - Sabrina A. Fish
Congratulations, you all really deserve it!!!
In First Place, C.B. Wentworth has won:
- A critique of the first thirty pages of a manuscript, donated by Hannah Hale. Hannah says, “I will identify if the winner's partial is ready for agents and editors, by focusing on the following areas (as well as pointing out other aspects not listed below): Does the opening scene hook the reader? Is the beginning conflict/tension clear? Is the characterization engaging? Does the story show, not tell? Does the story flow and is the writing tight? I'll also point out strengths of the sample as well as areas to improve, with examples”
- An ebook/gift certificate from No Boundaries Press and a free promotions workshop, donated by Kharisma Rhayne, co-owner of No Boundaries Press.
- An ARC of ALISON IN WONDERLAND by Helen Smith (Contemporary Fiction) [Print - US/Canada only], donated by Jenn Baker-Henry.
- A critique (First 3 chapters), donated by Callie Kingston.
- A $25 Amazon gift card/e-card voucher, donated by Lara Schiffbauer.
- A signed paperback copy of SUFFERSTONE: Book I of the Dolvia Saga, a fantasy novel, by Stella Atrium [USA only] donated by Stella Atrium.
- A PDF copy of PERFECT SCORE by Sue Roebuck, donated Sue Roebuck.
- A10 page critique and a DVD copy of the short film SAYING GOODBYE, donated by Jocelyn Rish.
- A $10 e-giftcard to Barnes & Noble, donated by Komal Lewis.
- Copies of FAERIE TALE FROM THE WHITE FOREST (Book One) and BRIGITTA OF THE WHITE FOREST THE RUINS OF NOE (Book Two, available in April 2012) [U.S. and Canada only, or ebook form if international], donated by Danika Dinsmore.
- An ARC of ONE DAY I WILL WRITE ABOUT THIS PLACE by Binyavanga Wainaina (Memoir) [Print - US/Canada only] donated by Jenn Baker-Henry.
- An ARC or paper copy of the ebook HER HEART’S DESIRE by Adriana Ryan, plus a 15 page critique, plus an opportunity to “take over” her blog for the day, donated by Adriana Ryan. Adriana says that the winner can have a guest post or interview, or could use a book trailer, vlog, character interview, etc. to provide information on them and their books/characters.
- An eBook of DEFYING GRAVITY, donated by Cherie Reich.
- The book UNDERTOW by Callie Kingston, donated by Callie Kingston.
- A first chapter and query critique donated by David P. King.
- An eBook of CURSE OF ANCIENT SHADOWS by Rod Tyson (YA fantasy novel), donated by Rod Tyson.
- A copy of the book ABANDONED FOOTSTEPS and the poetry ebook PROLONGED FAREWELL, both by and donated by Sylvia van Bruggen.
- A five page critique by four published authors in a critique group, donated by Dawn from WriteOn.
- An eBook IF I COULD BE LIKE JENNIFER TAYLOR by Barbara Ehrentreu (in PDF form), donated by Barbara Ehrentreu.
- An eBook THE BEST OF RAVEN AND THE WRITING DESK, donated by Cherie Reich.
- A first chapter (up to 20 pages) critique, donated by Meradeth.
- An eBook ONCE UPON A DECEMBER, donated by Cherie Reich.
- An edit/proofread/critique of a first chapter (or first 2000 words) of a novel donated by author Louise Wise.
- An E-copy of OPPRESION (Children of the Gods #1) by Jessica Therrien (debut novel), donated by Jessica Therrien.
- A 15 page critique donated by Kathleen Doyle.
- A first chapter critique, donated by Melanie Fowler.
- An ebook of THE BONES OF THE EARTH by Scott Bury, donated by Scott Bury.
- An ARC of RUNNING THE RIFT by Naomi Benaron (Historical Fiction) [Print - US/Canada only], donated by Jenn Baker-Henry.
- An eBook of GUARDIAN (CREEPY HOLLOW, #1) donated by Rachel Morgan.
- A Kindle copy of UNDERTOW by Callie Kingston (Kindle) donated by Callie Kingston.
I'm also awarding 5 random prizes, chosen by Mr. Random.org! The winners (and prizes) are:
- Jenn Baker-Henry - Copies of FAERIE TALE FROM THE WHITE FOREST (Books One) and BRIGITTA OF THE WHITE FOREST THE RUINS OF NOE (Book Two, available in April 2012) [U.S. and Canada only, or ebook form if international], donated by Danika Dinsmore.
- Cherie Reich - A query letter and first ten pages of a manuscript, donated by Rachele Alpine.
- Rekha - A new copy of THE PLOT by Martha Alderson (or a book to the value of $20), donated by Melissa Sugar.
- J.E. Fritz - Book: WANTED: DEAD OR UNDEAD (Book One in The Zombie West Series). Plus Zombie Swag: Zombie-T-shirt, package of brains (not real of course), Zombie Necklace, Etc... [Package may not be shipped until April. US/Canada Only, though the ebook can be sent internationally], donated by Angela Scott.
- Erin Kane Spock – A critique of a query letter and the first 250 words of a completed manuscript, donated by Daisy Carter.
I'll be getting in touch with both winners and prize donors over the next few days regarding the prizes - please be patient, as I have limited internet access. If you have any questions/concerns about your prize, please email me.